OUT OF CONTROL
WHY ARE WE WAITING TO ACT?
From the LA Times
- 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This was because they predominantly are illegal immigrants, working without a green card.
- 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
- 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
- More than two-thirds of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
- Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
- Orange County, California is home to 275 gangs with 17,000 members; 98% of which are Mexican and Asian.
- More than 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
- The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.
- Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
- 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.
- There are 10.2 million people in L.A. County; 5.1 million people speak English; 3.9 million speak Spanish.
- Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare.
- More than 70% of the United States' annual population growth (including 90% of
California, Florida, and New York) results from immigration.
- Mexico regularly intercedes on the side of the defense in criminal cases involving Mexican nationals? In recent years, Mexico has never extradited a Mexican national accused of murder in the U.S., despite agreements to do so.
ADDED statistics and comments from other sources:
- The cost of immigration to the American taxpayer in 1997 was, a net of $70 billion a year (after subtracting taxes immigrants pay). The lifetime fiscal impact (taxes paid minus services used) for the average adult Mexican immigrant is a negative number. - Professor Donald Huddle, Rice University.
- 29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.
- Immigrants can come to this country and get preferences in jobs, education, and government contracts? It's called affirmative action.
- Recently, a vote was taken in the U.S. Congress to end this practice. It was defeated. Every single Democratic senator except Ernest Hollings voted to maintain special privileges for Hispanic, Asian and African immigrants. They were joined by thirteen Republicans.
- Bill Clinton and Al Gore have repeatedly stated that they believe that massive immigration from countries like Mexico is good for these immigrants.
- Corporate America has signed on to the idea that minorities and third world immigrants should get special, privileged status. Some examples are reported to be Exxon, Texaco, Merrill Lynch, Boeing, Paine Weber, Starbucks and many others.
- According to a New York Times article dated May 19, 1994, 20 years after the great influx of legal immigrants from Southeast Asia, 30% are still on welfare compared to 8% of households nationwide.
- A Wall Street Journal editorial dated December 5, 1994 quotes law enforcement officials as stating that Asian mobsters are the “greatest criminal challenge the country faces.” Not bad for a group that is still under 5% of the population.
Click here for California Coalition for Immigration Reform.