Shown here are a few questions taken from a list of 100 randomly asked by INS examiners interviewing prospective new citizens. How many can you answer correctly?
- Who elects the President?
- How many amendments are there to the Constitution?
- Where does Freedom of Speech come from?
- What special group advises the President?
- In what year was the Constitution written?
- How many times may a Senator be reelected?
- How many times may a Representative be reelected?
- What is the supreme law of the United States?
- Can you name the original 13 states?
- What is the minimum voting age in the United States?
(Answers: 1. The Electoral College; 2. 27 amendments; 3. The Bill of Rights; 4. The Cabinet; 5. 1787; 6. No limit; 7. No limit; 8. The Constitution; 9. CT, DL, GA, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, NC, PA, RI, SC, VA; 10. 18 years old.)