(DEMOCRACY) THESE THINGS I BELIEVE
By Lynn Nofziger
Forwarded by JayPMarine
THESE THINGS I BELIEVE:
- That government should butt out.
- That freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away.
- That individual freedom demands individual responsibility.
- That government is not a necessary good but an unavoidable evil.
- That the executive branch has grown too strong, the judicial branch too arrogant and the legislative branch too stupid.
- That political parties have become close to meaningless.
- That government should work to insure the rights of the individual, not plot to take them away.
- That government should provide for the national defense and work to insure domestic tranquility.
- That foreign trade should be fair rather than free.
- That America should be wary of foreign entanglements.
- That the tree of liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- That guns do more than protect us from criminals; more importantly, they protect us from the ongoing threat of government.
- That states are the bulwark of our freedom.
- That states should have the right to secede from the Union.
- That once a year we should hang someone in government as an example to his fellows.”