Forwarded by Wendeevee. No original source given
If the Earth’s total population were reduced to that of a small town with 100 people, it would look something like this:
- 57 Asians, 21 Europeans, 14 Americans (northern and southern), 8 Africans
- 52 women, 48 men
- 70 colored-skins, 30 Caucasians
- 89 heterosexuals, 11 homosexuals
- 6 people would own 59% of the whole world wealth and all of them will be in the United States of America
- 80 would have bad living conditions, 70 would be uneducated, 50 underfed, 1 would die, 2 would be born,
- 1 would have a computer, 1 (only one) would have higher education
When you look at the world from this point of view, you can see there is a real need for solidarity, understanding, patience and education.
Also think about the following:
- This morning, if you woke up healthy, then you are happier than the 1 million people that will not survive next week.
- If you never suffered a war, the loneliness of the jail cell, the agony of torture, or hunger, you are happier than 500 million people in the world.
- If you can enter into a church or mosque without fear of jail or death, you are happier then 3 million people in the world.
- If there is a food in your fridge, you have shoes and clothes, you have bed and a roof, you are richer than 75% of the people in the world.
- If you have bank account, money in your wallet and some coins in the money-box, you belong to the 8% of the people on the world, who are well-to-do.
- If you read this you are three times blessed because: Somebody just thought of you, you don't belong to the 200 million people that cannot read and… you have a computer!
As somebody once said: “Work as if you don't need money, love as if you've never been hurt, dance as if nobody can see you, sing as if no one can hear, live as if the Earth was a Heaven.”